Emilia Clarke Received Apology from TV Executive

Thursday, 18 August 2022

Emilia Clarke Received Apology from a TV executive who called her short & dumpy during speech.

Australian TV executive in speech called Emilia “dummy girl” during the premiere of the ‘House of The Dragon’ spin-off series.

Patrick Delany, Foxtel’s chief executive said he was skeptical about success of ‘Game of Thrones’.

Delany told the audience, “I was like, ‘What’s this show with the short dumpy girl who walks into the flames?’”

Later Foxtel's spokesperson informed Crikey, “On behalf of Mr Delany, the Foxtel Group apologizes if his remarks were misunderstood and caused any offense.”

It was further added that all comments, they were to remain “self-deprecating and light-hearted”.

Foxtel has rights in Australia to air the fantasy series.

Clarke, aged 35, played the role of Daenerys Targaryen, the villainous queen in ‘Game of Thrones’ between 2011 & 2019.

House Of The Dragon’s spin-off also stars Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen.

The prequel is set before 300 years, just before fantasy drama events.

Prequel inspiration has been received from the ‘Game of Thrones’, creator, George R R Martin’s Book Fire & Blood.

According to Clarke, she believes that Kit Harrington would reprise the role in the spin-off series as Jon Snow.

When asked if Clarke would reprise the role, she said a clear no. Her words were, "No, I think I'm done."

Clarke previously spoke in 2011 & 2013 about brain aneurysms while she starred in ‘The Game of Thrones’, a hit HBO show.

An apology has been issued, but who knows if the same has been excepted by the end of Clarke.